Wednesday, January 16, 2008

He Walks!

Today was one of those monumental occasions that every parent loooks forward to. Andrew took his first steps! (He kinda faked us out on Sunday and took a lunging step forward as he grabbed onto my legs, but today was the real deal.)

He had been throwing magazines in the floor and I was moving him out of temptation's way. I sat him down on the other side of the room and when I let go, he took off after me. He took two very good steps. From the look on his face he knew he had done something exciting! I scooped him up and gave him a big hug and immediately put him back down to see if he'd do it again...and he DID! This time he took 4 steps. I was so excited that I was in tears. I called Drew and told him all about it. He was excited too. He had to work late tonight, so he'll have to wait and see Andrew's new trick tomorrow.

A couple of times throughout the rest of the afternoon, he took a couple more steps. His confidence is growing and he'll be running before we know it!

No comments: