Monday, February 15, 2010

Put to work in Albertville

When I'm home Mom likes to use me for manual labor encourage my creative spirit by letting me remodel her house piece by piece. :)  A couple of years ago we tackled the master bedroom and bathroom, which was a much larger project than this one.  This trip she wanted a new look in the dining room.  Thank goodness we're saying goodbye to the country blue!  (circa 1985...when they built the house).   A little house history:  My Dad built this house by himself (and a little help from my Papa).  He worked on it on weekends, holidays, and in the evenings.  It took him 3 years.  Some of the wood used in the house was made from trees that he cut on the property.  It's a very special house.  Ok, back to the remodel.  Here's the blue wallpaper.  (which has the tiniest white stars all over it)

Bye bye wallpaper!

Hello paint and newly refinished hardwood floors!
Welcome new table! (Andrew approves)

The china cabinet stays...Dad made it.
Same goes for the shelf on the left!
Next time I'm home I hear I'm tackling the kitchen and the foyer/upstairs hallway.

1 comment:

~Kimberly said...

Love the new green paint!!! And definitely LOVE LOVE LOVE the plates on the wall! Awesome!!!