Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Homemade Pumpkin Pie

I love pumpkin pie.  Sure, I've made them before using that stuff in the can, but since I sliced my finger open carving pumpkins, I had an extra just sitting there on the counter, staring at me.
So I cut it into pieces, scraped out the "guts" and took them outside to Paw-Paw and Andrew to feed to the cows.
Then  I roasted the pumpkin.  Look how beautiful!  And it tastes good too!
Somehow I managed to miss a picture of the puree.  There was a lot of moisture so I had to squeeze it through a cheese cloth...much better!  Then I added my top secret ingredients and ta-da...pumpkin pie!
I even made my own whole wheat crust and made "tartlets" in the mini muffin pan.  They were so yummy that they disappeared long before I ever took a picture of them!  The guy above only lasted because I hid him for dessert.  
No blog post would be complete without a cute pic of the lil man.

2 comments:

~Kimberly said...

this.... is... sewius! (love the wonder pet shirt!)

Yum. Pumpkin pie. Made from a real pumpkin... something on my list of things to do.

Wil said...

I love me a "kid in a tractor-tire" picture!