Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tiny Improvements

Well, we've been in the house 2 1/2 months and we've started making some tiny progress in the improvements area.  The blinds have been ordered and should be installed in a few days, we've been trying to organize the garage, we hung our first curtains in the house, AND we finally bought a bench for the mud room.
Drew installing Andrew's curtain rod and black out curtains. Window treatments really make a big difference!  It feels good to at least have ONE in the house.  LOL
 Now I've got big plans for the mud room and this piece is only the beginning.  On the wall above the bench, I'm hoping to put some sort of wall organizer/shelf/hook thing above it to hang our jackets, keys, etc.  This will most definitely hopefully help to keep some of the clutter from piling up on my kitchen counter.  Also for the mudroom, I want to make a platform for my washer and dryer, giving me plenty of space to store empty laundry baskets. (I'll keep you posted on the progress.)
 Chiquita was following me around and actually got in one of the shots.  I was going to trash it until I noticed that I caught her mid-lick.  It was too funny not to share.  
 And a little randomness....totally unrelated to this post....Look what Andrew made at school today!  I had to snap a picture quickly before we ate him up!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love the puppy pic and the snowman. The curtains look nice too.