Saturday, March 3, 2012

Monster Jam!

Today, Drew and I took Andrew and our nephew, Alex to a monster truck show!   I'm pretty sure Alex was more excited than Andrew, seeing as how minutes before heading to the show, Andrew said, "I don't want to go."  But he went and ended up having a good time.  We got there early for the "pit party" and got to get an up close look at the trucks and see their drivers.  
Our first stop: Gravedigger!
 Then the boys got to pose with the racing quads.

 My personal favorite was "El Toro Loco."  I'm not sure if it's because I love Spanish or guys in cowboy hats?!  Maybe it's because the exhaust comes out the truck's "nose."
 There was a husband and wife team present today.  The husband drove the Mountaineer.
 His wife Chrissy drove xXx-total destruction.
 We're waiting for the show to start.  Don't worry, we're wearing ear protection!
 Race between the Gravedigger and Black Stallion
 El Toro Loco beat xXx.
Gravedigger won his second round race due to default! (I have my suspicions that this is SO rigged!)
 Throughout the whole show Andrew was totally inthralled by his program.  He's telling me all about it!
 Suspicions proved true:  El Toro Loco CLEARLY beat the Gravedigger and yet the 30 year legend was named the victor in this final round race. El Toro Loco was robbed!
 Have you ever seen a jet powered quad?
 We have now!
 El Toro Loco freestyle round
 Black Stallion freestyle
 Gravedigger freestyle
 At this point, I took off running to get the second spot in line so the boys could get autographs.
 El Toro Loco signing Andrew's program.
 Alex getting Gravedigger's autograph
 On the way home Andrew was still reading his program.  I got tickled at him sitting with his legs crossed!
After the show, we went to the mall and got yogurt and let Alex jump on the bungee trampoline.  Then we headed home.  I think the boys had a great time! (Drew included!)

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Loved the shots....thanks for sharing I have never been to a monster anything....but it looked fun. Glad the boys enjoyed it.