Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 12 weeks

We got home from Disney last night around 8 pm.  This morning I had my 12 week appointment with the baby doc. Andrew went with me and we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time.  It was kickin' it at 158.  (Any guesses as to the gender?)  Not that we know...there's just an old wives tale about heart rate and gender.   The doctor said everything looks good.  I found out early in the pregnancy that my progesterone levels were low, so I've been taking a supplement since week 6.  Luckily, I only have 5 more days and I"ll be done with that stuff.  The placenta will start producing enough in week 13.  (There's your preggo lesson for the day.)

So far, I've experienced the following symptoms:  
EXHAUSTION-thank you child of mine for napping with me every day!
OCCASIONAL NAUSEA- I blame the Progesterone pills.
MOOD SWINGS- ok, I'm ill as a hornet! (again...blaming the progesterone)  I mean think about it....pregnancy hormones are crazy enough, but I'm taking MORE?!  
Did I mention EXHAUSTION?
I'm really thankful that I don't suffer from morning sickness.  The little waves of nausea were plenty!

As far as cravings go:
The saltier the better!  You know me...I'm a chocoholic and I still need a little bite of something sweet, but I haven't been craving it.  This go around I want the salt!
I also crave whole milk and Silk chocolate milk.  I swear I drank a whole half a gallon the other day.  I just can't get enough milk!

Food Aversions: 
CHICKEN! (which I love)  However, I can't stand the smell of it.  Mom was in town a few weeks ago and decided to make some chicken in the crock pot.  I normally love it and can't get enough of it because it's so tender and delicious, but the smell of it made me want to puke!  (I didn't, but it was bad)  So, I'm laying off the poultry.  Steak, however...bring it on!

My friend from church bought a hospital grade doppler when she was pregnant.  She was kind enough to let me borrow it, so now I get to listen to baby's heartbeat every night! (or pretty much whenever I want!)  It's the sweetest lullaby.   Andrew really likes to listen too!  

I've been a real slacker this time with the belly photos, but I'm really not showing yet, so there's no need for a photo.  Soon enough though...

The next appointment: Aug. 23

No comments: