Friday, August 24, 2012

16 Weeks

I had my 16 week appointment today.  Drew drove into town just in time to go with me.  The heartbeat was strong and steady and everything seems to be normal.  Since Drew was in town, I sweet talked  my Dr. into doing an ultrasound to tell us what we're having a little early.   Drew was going to miss the official 2nd trimester one and he wanted to be there when we found out the gender, so we worked a little magic.  Luckily baby cooperated and WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE HAVING!  But I can't tell you. (More on that later) I will however, show you this adorable little face.....
Is that not the sweetest little thing ever?!  At a whopping 4 1/2 inches long, about the size of an avocado, baby Ladner has been very active.  I've started feeling those first little flutters and a couple of tiny kicks.  Feeling movement is my absolute favorite part about being pregnant!

I'm still craving salty things and protein....I always want RED MEAT!  Sweets aren't really my thing lately, but it's still hard to resist a freshly baked cupcake!  Just sayin'!  The second trimester has brought me more energy, as promised, though I did sneak a nap 2 days this week while Andrew was at school.   

Now back to the gender thing:  Yes, we know!  And yes, we're going to tell you, but not until Saturday. We're having a "Gender Reveal Party" at our house.  So if you're in the panhandle area, please come and join us.  It's sure to be a good time!
Check back on Saturday night for the BIG REVEAL!

1 comment:

Cronkright said...

You are such a tease! I vote girl :)