Monday, September 10, 2012

DIY Project and Road Trip for Mommy

Last week my parents got to come to down for a nice long visit.  They came to watch Andrew while I went on a trip.  Dad's off days allowed him to come a little early.  They were here for 10 days and it was great.  
Dad and I had planned on doing a little home improvement project before I left on Thursday, so we headed to Lowe's on Monday and got our supplies ready.  
*backstory* We bought our front loader washer and dryer in Hawaii.  Our hookups were in the garage and there was a ledge, so we didn't need the pedestals that they sell separately.  Well, in our new house, we have a real live laundry room sans the ledge, so I've been in need of a little height under there!  My protruding belly makes is more and more difficult to bend over.**

I decided that I wanted Dad to build some instead of buying them 1) building them would be way cheaper than buying 2 at $250 each! and 2) I wanted to be able to slide my laundry baskets underneath.  And being the great Dad that he is, he happily obliged.  

We built it and had it painted before I left.
FYI they make these great paint sparkles to add to your paint.  They made the paint job look just like the shimmery paint on my washer and dryer.

 When I got home on Monday, Dad already had them in place!
 I'm a big fan!  No more bending over for me!
Now you're probably asking about my trip.  Well, I flew to Orlando to meet Drew at a Real Estate Conference.  We took a class on Creative Financing.  It was very helpful and we met lots of interesting people, some were even from Pensacola!  We're ready to expand our portfolio....looking for our next investment property.  (By the way...we have a Real Estate business on the side, but that's a totally different post)  To get the general idea, you can visit our website, which is always under construction:  Liberty Coast Investments.  And as always, if you need to buy or sell a home, let us know! :)

And since the conference was in Orlando, there had to be a little Disney in there somewhere.  We attended Night of Joy at the Magic Kingdom on Friday night.  Night of Joy is a 2 night Christian concert event and it was Ah-Mazing!  Friday night featured:  Need to Breathe, Disciple, Red, Fracesca Battestelli, Brandon Heath, Chris Tomlin, and Casting Crowns.   It was so great to see so many people praising Jesus in front of the castle!  On Saturday night our conference lasted until 9 pm so we didn't make it to see Mercy Me and Third Day (and many others).  

*It was raining so I didn't take my camera with me to MK*  Alas, there are no pictures.  

It was a great weekend.  It was nice to spend some alone time with Drew even though we were "working."  We stayed at Disney's Boardwalk and had a nice, quiet breakfast at Sunrise on Friday morning at the bakery.  Good times!  I'm looking forward to seeing Drew again next week when he comes home for a quick couple of days.  

No comments: