Monday, August 19, 2013

My First Grader

Somehow my little boy is old enough to be in First Grade.  Again...how did that happen?!  These babies of mine are growing up way too fast.  

After a summer of staying up late and sleeping even later, 6 am came early for all of us.  But Andrew didn't complain.  He jumped out of bed and got ready for school.  Here's our annual "first day of school" picture.  
 I walked him in and to his classroom, but I didn't go "in"his room.  I stayed only long enough to snap this picture with Ms. Hoffman.  
 And just for reference....here's last year's photo.

I picked him up and he was all smiles, so he had a great first day.  He did say that first grade felt a lot longer than Kindergarten.  He said his favorite part of his day was "running a lap and playing at PE."  When I asked his favorite part of Ms. Hoffman's class, he responded, "Science and Math."  

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I cannot believe he is in the first grade. It just seems like yesterday that you were interning for me.