Can I just take a moment to brag on Drew? Things have been pretty busy around here since the week before Thanksgiving and they really won't let up until we get back after Christmas. I've been totally exhausted lately and I think he noticed. When we got home from the Christmas party it was already after 9pm. The house was a DISASTER! My kitchen was still full of dirty pots and pans from the 6 cakes that I had made and Andrew had strewed things from end to end across the living room AND all the Christmas decoration boxes were in the floor. I wasn't going to be able to go to bed until it was clean because we're having a birthday party for Andrew tomorrow.
Well my sweet husband told me to forget about it and go to bed. I was confused....I said "Honey, you know I can't relax until the house is clean." Again, he told me that I shouldn't worry about because when I woke up it would be spotless. He told me that I should take a bubble bath and go to bed and get a good night's sleep and that HE would clean the house. (I was still in a state of disbelief) I mean, he's helped me around the house before, but NEVER has he cleaned it all by himself. He said to trust him, so I did.
I took my cup of coffee, a chocolate truffle, and a Nicholas Sparks novel upstairs and enjoyed our whirlpool tub for only the 2nd time since we moved in. It was so nice. I went to bed at a very decent hour and I woke up to a SPOTLESS house! He stayed up til 2 am cleaning for me. Is he GREAT or what! On top of it all... It was HIS BIRTHDAY!
(Sorry guys for making you look bad!)
1 comment:
That's awesome. That night, Nick and I sat on the bean bag chairs to discuss what we needed to do over the next couple days. I then got up to clean (the time was about 8:30PM) Moments later, Nick is snoring away on the bean bag...and I soon sent him upstairs to bed. I beleive I stayed up baking and cleaning until well past 11:30. So, when is my night in a bubble bath? Yet to be determined! Drew rocks.
Post a Comment