Sunday, January 17, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods...

On New Year's Eve, we left Mississippi, headed back to Alabama.  It was a fun road trip.  And the adventure started as soon as we left my in-laws' house.  We had a little rain while on the coast so the driveway wasn't in the best shape.

We had been driving through the muddy slush for 10 days.

So we stopped at a car wash before returning the car to my Mom.

We carried on our 6 hour road trip and had a blast.  Living in Hawaii, you can only go so far.  You can only drive in circles, so it's really nice to be able to go on a "real live road trip."  Fun times.  After about 5 1/2 hours on the road, I was reading a book and Drew said "Did you see that?"  I thought see what?  He said, "that Bingo sign.  It was hilarious."   Since my nose was in a book, I had missed it, so guess what?  We turned around.  It was totally worth the u-turn.  I took a picture and plan on sending it to Ellen (and Jay Leno) :)

Only in Alabama right?


Our 6 hour road trip turned into 7 due to a certain 3 year old and his hungry mother.  Not to mention we needed gas once and a car wash.  But we finally made it back to Albertville in time to celebrate the New Year.




No comments: