Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sunset on the Beach

So, I'm sitting in our condo (more on that later) watching Andrew sleep, so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to update the blog before I have to head back over to the house to pack and clean.  

Since I'm so behind, here's a little reminder of where what's going on:  This is still our second round of company.  The others had gone home already so it's just Nana and Carly left with us.  Nana really wanted to go to Kauai and it worked out that she could  go on a Sunday.  I just so happened to have nursery duty at church, so Drew went with her and I stayed home with the kids.  

Our day started with getting ready for church.  I got up, fixed the kids their breakfast, and had fun fixing Carly's hair.  (I really need a girl!)  After church the kids "almost" took a nap, but not quite.  They did get in some nice quiet time before we headed over to Maili Beach Park for their annual "Sunset on the Beach" celebration.  There are games, rides, booths, food, fireworks, and even an outdoor movie.  The kids had a ball.  


Carly rode the swings.

Andrew chose the helicopter
While we were back on Oahu, here's how Daddy was cruzin' on Kauai.

While he was there, he took Nana to "our" beach. (where he proposed)
I hope to make it back there one day.
Back on Oahu, it was time for fireworks.
Andrew was amazed.
They snuggled up to watch the rest of the show.
I tried to get a good shot of the moon, but I was in need of my tripod.
Then it was time to wait on our movie to start. We watched Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.
Andrew fell asleep in the first 5 minutes, which meant that when the movie was over, I had to carry Andrew, 2 blankets, our bag, and 2 folding beach chairs back to the car, which just so happened to be about 1/2 mile away.  I didn't think I was going to make it, but alas....I did.  The kids and I had a really fun day together.  Andrew stayed asleep all the way home and Carly pooped out as soon as we got home.  

No comments: