Sunday, May 11, 2008

First Haircut





Today was a really big day. Andrew had his first haircut. He handled it a lot better than I did. We went to a place in Aiea called "Auntie Denise's Kiddie Kuts." Drew and I were a little nervous because Andrew doesn't normally like it when strangers touch him in any way, shape, or form. We were expecting the worst.

When it was his turn, he sat in the race car chair and immediately starting "driving." Aunty Denise talked to him about the haircut and squirted his hand with the water bottle so he wouldn't be scared. He was actually ok with her. She got started and he was fine until the very end when she brought out the clippers to trim around his ear. He didn't really like the noise so he started to fuss.

As far as the results: It's shorter than what we told her we wanted, but I think that was partly due to the fact that Andrew was a little wiggly. It looks good except for his ear area. It's too high above his ears and too narrow down the back. He still looks cute. His long curls are gone, but luckily his hair is going to be curly, so this is not the end for the curls. As for now the only ones he has left are two ringlets in a plastic bag. It broke my heart to see them go and yes, I cried. But hey, it's just hair right? It'll grow back. (He's still the cutest lil boy I've ever seen!)

No comments: