Friday, August 8, 2008

Farewell to Alan

Ok, so once again, I find myself behind. Oh how I long to be a punctual poster.... (HA!) One can dream, right?
Anyhoo, on Monday night some friends of ours gathered at the home of the Trammells (for those of you who don't know...they're from Alabama...Alan's parents live in Douglas!) to say goodbye to Alan. He left on Wednesday for another tour in Iraq. We got together to eat some burgers, pork chops, and homemade ice cream. (Yes, I made it...can't have a cookout without it)
We had such a good time. The Trammell's have 2 children; Hudson (almost 4) and Hannah (almost 1) Andrew enjoyed playing with Hudson's "choo-choo's" and Hannah enjoyed chasing after Andrew's sippy cup. They were our after dinner entertainment. It was so funny to watch. At one point Hannah crawled across the room, pulled herself up on Andrew, snatched his sippy cup, and pushed him to the ground! It was hilarious. Andrew was LOVIN' it. (the little flirt) After that he would go lay down on the ground and call out "Hannah" as if to say "come and get me." I managed to get a couple of pictures.

He had so much fun with Hudson and Hannah. We're going to have to get together more often and let them play.
Fun on the slip-n-slide
Hudson having fun
Look how beautiful she is!
Drew with Hannah. He needs a little girl doesn't he?
Hudson enjoying Daddy's delicious burgers!
A hug from Hudson.
She's got her eye on that sippy cup!
She's goin' for the swipe! I wish I had caught a picture of the tackle...it was funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are adaorable pics....the kids are growing sooooo fast....sad Alan had to leave again so quickly.....Yall take care of Sherree!

Hugs to little Andrew! Love, sara

~Kimberly said...

Awww those pictures are great...i am sorry the kids and I weren't able to make it. Looks like the kids had a blast! I'm experiencing the evening through your pictures Alaina!