Before I post these pictures, I must give you a little background to our crazy attire! I, I mean, Andrew loves the Doodlebops. (If you're unfamiliar, they are a toddler "rock" band on the Disney Channel...lots of singing and dancing.) We had the opportunity to go see them in concert back in Sept. Andrew had so much fun. He was singing "Doo-box, Doo-box, yeeeaaaahh" all the way home. It was too cute. The concert was our inspiration for our costumes. Finding Andrew's was pretty easy online, but apparently adults don't dress as the Doodlebops. (LOL) So, I made mine, and we pieced Drew's together little by little. I think overall we looked pretty good! (All things considered)
Here we are: DeeDee, Rooney, and Moe!

Here we are: DeeDee, Rooney, and Moe!

It was kind of hard in the beginning to get Andrew to wear his wig, and his gloves. We finally managed to get him to wear both, but never at the same time and he flat out refused to paint his face. He was probably a little worried when he saw me and Drew. He took one look at me, pointed to my face, and said "Mommy pink!"


We went into Bay St. Louis to trick or treat in a neighborhood full of children. Along the way we ran into our cousin's Claire and Christian. Cute lil skeletons!
We also spent the night walking around with Hannah Montana, a.k.a. Carly! Andrew's cousin, Alex was with us too, but he was a lot faster than Andrew, so I don't have any pictures of the little red power ranger. Family, you can send some and I'll add them!
As the night wore on, Andrew got brave. He'd walk right up to the houses all by himself! He'd hold his little pumpkin up, and after they'd drop in some candy he'd say "thank-you." It was really cute. He got so comfortable in fact, that at one house on his way back down the driveway, he stopped, turned around, and started back up the same driveway for more! I told him that he'd already gotten candy from that house. He looked at me and said, "I want another one." Then he marched back up the driveway and got more candy. The owners of the house thought it was cute. It was pretty funny. 
After trick or treating, we went to Wal-Mart for "Trunk or treat." All the employees and some businesses from around town decorate their trunks and hand out candy. I had never experienced a trunk or treat before. It was "interesting." Before heading home, we ran into Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and Andrew was too cute running around. Unfortunately just after this picture was taken, he got in trouble for running away in the store.
The night was a lot of fun! Andrew did so well and he LOVED trick or treating. After all the excitement, we went home and lit our jack-o-lanterns.
We had our share of Halloween on this trip. The night after the wedding, Drew and I were invited to a Halloween Party. Since Drew and I haven't been on a date since before Andrew (with the exception of going to see a movie while my parents were here), we decided to capitalize on the Grandparents and go have some fun. We didn't want to be the Doodlebops at an adult party, so we had to find other costumes. Drew decided to go as a groomsman, since he'd already paid for the tux rental and he was already dressed. I, on the other hand, had trouble finding something to wear. Several days before the party, Drew went to Party City and saw a snow white costume. (Drew loves snow white) He was joking around with me saying I should get it. Little did he know, I went back and got the costume. I think he was surprised. I was too. This costume is TOTALLY out of character for me and I hesitate to even post it, but oh well...here goes nothing. 
Here's a picture of Drew with his best friend, Tim.....or Bob Dylan on this particular night.
We went to this party with Drew's cousin, Laura (on the right) and her friend, Tara. Adam was there with us as a pilot, but for some reason I don't have any pictures of him. Maybe I'll get Tim's mom to send us the shots of everyone.
Now the girls and I are just being silly. We had on crazy high boots. I was almost as tall as Adam! Our feet were KILLING us by the end of the night. 
So there you have it...my momentary lapse of judgement. (We're all intitled to one, right?) That's the first Halloween party I've been to since I had one at my parent's house when I was 16. Funny...I was Cinderella that year.
4 comments:
Your doodlebop costumes are so fabulous! I'm glad you finally put them up!!!
And Wow Alaina, er...snow white! Looks like you had fun! :)
Love the Snow White costume! If you can't be someone other than yourself on Halloween, then when can you?!
And those pumpkins--I refuse to believe that those are homemade. Way too professional-looking....
Snow white did have a lot of fun. Oh and Kim...Drew told Nick about the costume, so I think he's making plans for you next year. ;)
And Lesely, that's exactly what Drew told me when I almost chickened out. Oh and we totally carved those....but it's pretty simple with a pattern. (shh...)
You are one HOT Snow White, Girl...
And your Doodlebop costumes are WONDERFUL! The Doodlebops are a hit in our house, too. We have one of their CD's, and I'll totally confess to singing and dancing along. Deedee should consider makeing a solo album, dontcha think?
Post a Comment