With so few people on the plane, Andrew and I had a row to ourselves. He barely made it through take off before falling asleep. He looked like this until we landed in California...
We had a 3 hour layover at Travis AFB, CA. It flew by because we had to claim and recheck our bags. We only got to sit down for 15 minutes before it was time to board the C 5. Andrew stayed awake for the first 3 hours on the flight and slept the last 2. He is the perfect travel buddy. He gets really excited around take off and landing. And he looks really cute sitting there by himself with his seat belt buckled.
We had a 3 hour layover at Travis AFB, CA. It flew by because we had to claim and recheck our bags. We only got to sit down for 15 minutes before it was time to board the C 5. Andrew stayed awake for the first 3 hours on the flight and slept the last 2. He is the perfect travel buddy. He gets really excited around take off and landing. And he looks really cute sitting there by himself with his seat belt buckled. We had a GREAT space-a experience. The seats were nice. They reclined all the way back and you still had leg room! The weird thing: on a C5 the seats are upstairs above the large cargo space below and they face backwards. So when you take off you lean forward and upon landing you're slammed back in your seats. It was interesting.
It was a great flight and we were glad to finally make it home after a long day. I really am blessed that he flies so well. It makes traveling as often as we do easy and stress-free!
2 comments:
I am so glad you posted this blog!! I am flying Space A with my 6month old next month to Korea. We will be traveling on a C5 from Memphis - Travis- Hickam - Guam - Osan Korea. Anyways I guess we have to spend the night in hickam and Guam. I am hoping everything works out. Did they priovide ear protection? I hear that C5's are really loud.. louder than regular commercial aircraft. so I was just wondering if you had any other details about your trip that you would want someone else flying space a for the first time to know. I'm a little nervous because I dont know what to expect. Is the seating on the c5 like normal commercial seating? or do we sit in jump seats? I guess I'm just worried because I'm traveling with a baby. Any other tidbits would be great!
Hi Kelly,
Yes they provide ear plugs. The first half of my flight I used them, but I didn't from Travis to Hickam. It was noisy, but not "too" bad. The C5 has about 78 commercial style seats and they're actually pretty comfortable. You'll probably have a pretty empty flight from Memphis so you'll be able to spread out. My only other advice...pack as light as possible (which isn't easy when traveling with a baby and all their stuff. We had to claim and recheck our baggage in CA, but the air force guys were nice enough to carry my things. Good luck! And if you get stuck in Hawaii you're more than welcome to come stay with us rather than hanging out in the passenger terminal!
Post a Comment