Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

Christmas Day began for us with a call from Drew!  And after 30 minutes, we finally convinced Andrew to go downstairs to see what Santa had brought.  He apparently was too sleepy to care.  I said, "Andrew guess who came?" Andrew's reply, "Santa."  Me: "Yeah, do you want to go see what he brought you?" Andrew: "NO!" (and pulls the covers over his head)  But he managed to drag himself out of bed and then he got excited.  

 Before checking out his presents, he had to say good morning to Chiquita, who was unusually happy to see him.  (Must be all the Christmas Spirit going around)
 He asked Santa for a race car track that crashes.
 ...and his very own 4 wheeler. 
 We had to take a break from presents to notice that we were right in the middle of a WHITE CHRISTMAS! (The first one since I was a little girl.)
 SNOW
 Uncle got a big surprise in his stocking: Orange Bowl Tickets!

 I got a special surprise in the very bottom of my stocking too.  Drew had been working with my sister and Jefforey to totally surprise me.  (Jefforey emailed me a while back to help him surprise Annah with a ring guard.  The whole time they were punking me!)  I was shocked.
 I think we all cried.
 It was the best Christmas surprise EVER!
 Look how pretty!  I've been wanting one since I saw one on our honeymoon, 6 years ago.
After all the presents were opened, (All except the 8 that Andrew said he'd open later?!) we headed over to Granny Nita and Papa's house for our annual Christmas breakfast.  
 After we ate and opened more presents, we went outside to play in the SNOW!  
 Raegan Jae

Andrew and Raegan had a snowball fight.
 So did Jason and Traci!
 That afternoon/night Jason, Traci, and Raegan came to our house (and stayed) since we were "snowed in."  So we had a slumber party!!  It was fun.  After a nice afternoon nap had by all, there was lots of playing.  Andrew is happy to be the shop keeper.
 Since Paw-Paw got called into work, we had to postpone our "Happy Birthday Jesus" party until that night.  
 Happy Birthday Jesus Party
 Leave it to our cousin(the Bama fan) to show up to our family Christmas wearing an OREGON shirt! So Annah and I had to sport our new "whack the quack"shirts!

4 comments:

~Kimberly said...

Can I just say I love your pajamas! And...the picture of Andrew looking out the window at the snow... priceless. Miss you!

~Kimberly said...

Oh, and I'd like to know if you got charged $50 for a cup of coffee at Andrew's shop... the same cup of coffee that he only charged me $0.50 for! Tee hee!

Lydia said...

What a wonderful day. I think the pic of Andrew looking out the window is precious...frame-worthy!
And what a sweet surprise from your hubby! It's gorgeous!!

Wil said...

Yeah Drew for such an awesome surprise! What a beautiful moment of you opening the ring box.