Our snow has been on the ground for over a week! Today is day 9 and though most of it is long gone, there are still patches of snow in the shady areas. But, it's raining so it'll all be gone shortly. I totally enjoyed the snow and am sad to see it go, but maybe we'll have another big snow storm while I'm here.
I took some pictures of the icicles that we've seen "hanging" around lately. They were beautiful. Notice now the sheet of snow slid off the house a little before refreezing.
The bannisters even had ice.
This is on the back side of the house. A little later you'll see the same shot, only 2 days later. This was a funky looking one!
This one is hanging on the corner of the barn. He grew a lot in 2 days too!
Andrew's Toomer's Oak
By the third day, the snow might has well have been solid ice because in places, even I didn't break it when I walked on it. It was really funny to watch the dogs try and get around. Icy Mustang
On Thursday, I managed to get Andrew out of the house to play with me. He was just glad this small patch of driveway had cleared so he could ride his 4 wheeler. Later that day, I actually got him to ride the "sled" behind the real 4 wheeler. He rode it with me for about 6-7 minutes and then he was done. He'd much rather drive with Paw-Paw. Here's the one on the barn...only BIGGER.
Here's the shot of the back of the house. That one really long one right there was 31 inches long! Unfortunately, when I tried to measure it with the yard stick and take a picture of it at the same time, I broke it. :(
This one was the next closest in size.
On Day 5 of our storm, we still had ~3 1/2 inches of the white stuff!
The icicle on the corner of the barn got longer the next day too...and apparently the wind was blowing because it now has a curve.Day 6, we went out for one last play in the snow before leaving to go to Gatlinburg. It's not everyday that you leave snow in Albertville to go to the mountains. Usually, it's the other way around!
Wheee! If you want to stay warm in the snow....coveralls! (especially the extra thick fire-proof ones)
This is the closest thing to a picture of the 2 of us that I have.





















1 comment:
Those are some MEAN looking (and sharp) icicles! And I adore the picture of you two! How cute! Miss you!
Post a Comment