It was after school on a Wednesday (when I was teaching at HBA-2005). No one likes professional development meetings after school, but we suffer through them. I remember our computer teacher was leading that particular meeting. His topic: BLOGS. He explained how blogs were "the new thing" and we should all create a blog for our class. We could post homework assignments and other upcoming class events, etc.. I remember thinking to myself, "This is pointless and I will NEVER use a BLOG! Well, about 2 years later, The Ladner's Latest emerged. My very first post, left much to be desired. It was basically a "hey, I've got a blog! and here, today, we're celebrating 400 posts!
Now, I know that I'm no writer and many of you could care less what I have to say. You just want to see cute pictures of Andrew. :) But I'm glad I have you readers (even the ones who never comment!). It's nice to know that at least someone reads the blog.
Over the past 3 years, we've seen and done lots of things. I'd like to dedicate this post to the past 3 years and take this time to remember some of our favorite moments. Some are happy, some are sad. Some are birthdays, and some are good byes.
The first happy blog post just so happened to be post #2....Drew's Homecoming!
Another momentous occasion, Andrew's first haircut!
And who could forget the three of us dressed as the DOODLEBOPS?
Or Andrew's 2nd Birthday Party?
A rather sad post....Drew's 2nd Deployment.
To help pass the time, my friend Kellye came to visit, so the whole month of July was FUN! Just check out July 2009 in the archive.
Another happy day...Drew's 2nd Homecoming.
After that deployment, we took a fun family vacation to Disneyland.
There are so many more fun things that we as a family have been blessed to be a part of. Take some time (if you have it) and browse through the archives and tell me about your favorite post.
Thanks again for caring enough about our lives to actually read our blog. :)
5 comments:
Do we have to pick just one? Y'all are such an adorable little family. I love following your adventures. Hope all is well!
It's hard to pick! I think my favorites are your husband's homecomings. Just wow, those get me. That's got to be tough when they're gone. But so much joy when they return home!
-Cyndy in Oregon
I'm so glad I got a shout out for my trip last summer!!! I helped give you an awesome month of blog posts!! I was beginning to think you had forgotten me since I haven't seen you lately!
Kel
I enjoy keeping up with one of my best friends and her family.
See you soon!
Heather
Well, as it's impossible to just pick one, I've stewed over this a couple days and decided I love all the Halloween posts, your cakes, and of course, the homecomings! Miss you tons!
Post a Comment