Can I just start off by saying that I LOVE SNOW? Because, I love snow! It started snowing last night around 7 pm and within 20 minutes, the ground was covered. It was still snowing when I went to bed and we woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland. We had around 5-6 inches here. I think that's the most snow we've seen here since the blizzard of '93! Right away I had to go play in it!
At some point in the morning, the snow turned into freezing rain, so on top of our snow, we got a nice 1/2 inch of ice. Poor Chiquita wasn't heavy enough to break through it. I guess that it made it easier for her to walk in it. (She wasn't really a fan)In honor of the big game tonight and my longing to be in Arizona, I built an Auburn snowman. Now, remember I said there was a layer of ice on top of the snow. I had to remove all the ice before I could make said snowman. It took forever, but I think he's pretty cute.
He came complete with a tiger tail on back. (This is one of the only pictures I have of Andrew all day, because my little Hawaiian does NOT like snow. :(
I gave him an arm to hold up the flag, but it fell off! WAR EAGLE!
Here's a picture of me and "Glen." (Get it...GLENdale, Arizona)
Pepper liked the snow. He got to play in some on the porch. He also like eating the snow.
After the snowman building, it was time to go sledding. We have a snow tube, that I tried using to go down the driveway.
When that wasn't thrilling enough, Dad got the 4 wheeler and pulled me for a bit.
That wasn't exactly as thrilling as I had hoped. Plus, the ice popped the tube, so Dad and I came up with another solution: a car trunk! When you go out in your pasture to find a car, and then proceed to take the trunk off of said car to turn into a sled....you MIGHT be a redneck. But oh well...rednecks have more fun!
...And we have a more bruises too! We had so much fun! There are some pretty big hills in the pasture and that "sled" was super fast on the ice. Once, I caught some air, fell off the sled, and landed on my head in the ice/snow. I really should have gotten that on video! I can't wait to do it all again tomorrow!
We had a really fun day and the snow took my mind off of the fact that I wish I was in Glendale at the game with all my Auburn friends. WAR EAGLE!










1 comment:
We flew back to Hawaii on Saturday and caught a connection in Phoenix. Now I know why there were so many Auburn fans on the plane! Apparently I have been living under a rock - although I did know they won =) - Krista
Post a Comment