Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone is having a very Happy Valentine's Day! I am.  I woke up this morning to a couple of surprises.  Drew left for work at 5:30 this morning, so all saw of him were his lips as he kissed me goodbye.  I'm pretty sure I heard him say "Happy Valentine's Day" and maybe I mumbled something back in my sleepiness.  It's hard to remember when you're asleep.  :)  I got up and headed to the kitchen for breakfast when I saw this:
 The card was perfectly romantic and sweet and inside that purple envelope was a gift certificate for a one hour massage! (In the words of my friend, Lisa: Yes, and Amen!)  I've been needing one for quite some time, but don't want to spend the money on myself to go get one.  I think this is the first time EVER that my hubby has bought me a massage.  Sure, I've bought them for myself...especially in Hawaii because you could go to the massage therapy school and let a student give you a 90 minute massage for $33...that's right...$33!  I digress...  The point was that his gift was perfect and unexpected and that's just one of the many reasons why I love him so!


As I was trying to get Andrew ready for school, he was being strangely insistent that I not forget his socks?! Why, all of a sudden is he worried about socks?  I mean, it's not like I've ever sent him off to school without them.  Then when I opened the sock drawer, I saw this:


The lil squirt was just excited because he had a surprise for me in there!  He did such a good job keeping a secret.  He said, "I put it in there last night after my bath!"


Then it was off to school for a Valentine's Day party!  This year, we went with photo Valentines.  You know...the ones you stick a sucker in.  Well here's the picture that we chose to go with:
And here are some from the gag reel....



 I just love those silly faces!
Here's what they look like, all ready to go:


Now, are you ready for the teaser:  I'm going to make you go on over to Sissy's Sweets to see what goodies we made for Valentine's Day. 


Now, I must mention here, as well as on Sissy's Sweets, what my Mom sent me.  It came in the mail yesterday.  
Cupcakes, Cookies, and Pies, oh, my! is the new book by Karen Tack & Alan Richardson.  You know them from "Hello, Cupcake!" and "What's New, Cupcake!"  This is their new book that was just released.  I actually went to Hobby Lobby yesterday for a few cake items AND with the intent of buying this book, but luckily they didn't have it because it was waiting on my doorstep when I got home!  (Thanks, Mom!)  She also got me a few other baking goodies!

2 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Loved all you surprises. What a wonderful day you had.

Lisa Spence said...

Yes and amen! :)

Love you, girl! Miss seeing you...