Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Worship Wednesdays

Since I tend to have a love of alliteration, I think I'll do my worship through song posts on "Wednesdays" and call them "Worship Wednesdays."  And well, since it's Wednesday, here's another one for you:  "Waiting Here For You" by Christie Nockles.
I love this song!  It's just one of those tunes that makes you stop and say, "Lord you are amazing; so amazing that  I just want to praise you name all day long."  We serve a risen savior that hears our voice.  When you pray, do you pray with expectation?  Or do you pray simply "hoping" that He'll answer?


Psalm 5:3 - "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."


4 comments:

Here and there said...

Thanks for sharing that song, it is so beautiful. I had not heard of her before. I'm going to try the chords on my ukulele, although I can't sing at all! :)

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Thanks for the song and the post. I would love to learn that song.

Anonymous said...

Alaina,

This is Krista's mom posting. We met in Hawaii last summer (I think). You and Kris were dressed to the nines and going out to someplace special and grandpa and I watched Abigail, Ethan, and your son.

I've checked out your blog occasionally over the past few years (will be more since the advent of your baking one!)

Anyway, I can hear my husband in my mind saying - "Get to the point, Cindy!" I have really enjoyed the last posts with songs and I wondered if I could share the blog address with a bible study I attend here in Michigan. Some of us are really hurting and the songs and words you put forth were very encouraging. Please, give me an honest answer. Blessings to you! C. Carp

Alaina said...

Hi Krista's Mom :) Yes, please share with whomever you'd like. I hope the songs will be an encouragement to your friends!