John 4:7-38 is the story of the woman at the well. You can read the whole story HERE.
But the cliff notes version for those of you who might not be familiar: A samaritan woman comes to draw water from the well. Jesus is there and asks her for a drink. She was surprised that a Jew would ask a Samaritan woman for water. Jesus said to her, if you knew who was asking, you would ask Him and he would give you living water. In verse 13 he tells her, "Everyone who drinks of this water (the water in the well) will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst, but the water that I will give him will become a well of water springing up to eternal life." Wow! God is so good.
As I listened to this song, I thought about the people in my life that I know are lost and don't know Jesus. They're always searching for something, but they never find what they're looking for. The answer my friends, is JESUS! One of my favorite lyrics in the song says "You can spend your whole life, chasing what's missing, but that empty inside just ain't gonna listen. When nothing can satisfy and the world leaves you high and dry, just come to the well!" You have nothing to lose, but everything to gain!
Just listen:
Your fear of rejection
Your pursuit of perfection
Your temporary pleasures
All your earthly treasures
Dried up empty religion
Rusty chains of addiction
All the guilt that weighs you down...
Leave it ALL behind...just come to the well!
No comments:
Post a Comment