Drew's trip to Tampa (he'll be working there for a bit) is quickly approaching and my "honey-do" list was in a time crunch. SO....we called in reinforcements. :) Drew's parents came to town for Andrew's tee ball game and to help out around the house a bit. Drew and his Dad installed some compact attic stairs. Before, we just had a hole in the ceiling and had to lug the ladder from the garage to the house and drag it down the hall, set it up without scuffing up the walls, and yada yada blah...you get the picture. The old way of doing things just wasn't cutting it for us. So, with a little help from this guy...
...and a very detailed how-to video from the werner company, it was a snap! We now have very convenient attic stairs. Drew and his dad did an excellent job!
Drew's parents left on Saturday and my parents and my Grandmother came on Sunday afternoon. Dad's first order of business (after the tee ball game, of course) was to trim out the new hole in the ceiling. (This hole is just a smidge larger than the other one.) We haven't painted it yet, but hey...we'll get there!I was also feeling very motivated to get some things done while Dad was in town, so while Andrew was at school each day, we were pretty productive. I finally hung all the frames that have been propped against the walls for months. (Kellye, aren't you proud of me?) Don't mind all the price tags and people we don't know. My next task is to get pictures of US in there!
We also hung a few more wall items...
And while I was at it, I decided to re-pot my hydrangeas. They were still in the disposable pots that I bought them in!
My family left on Wednesday and on today, Drew made my day! He cleaned out the garage (ENOUGH) to fit my car in there!!!!
Now all that stuff piled up on the left (minus the suitcases) is for a yard sale that is tentatively scheduled for Saturday. If I were a betting gal, I'd say that ain't gonna happen... mainly because neither Drew nor I really "want" to do it this weekend. So we'll see. I so want to just load it all up and donate it! But then again some extra spending money would be nice too. As far as the junk on the right goes...most of it will be taken care of by our track system as soon as we get said yard sale stuff out of the way! Anyhoo, I'm so excited that I can actually pull in there now! Thank you, honey! - and our Dad's for all the manual labor!








No comments:
Post a Comment