Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Worship Wednesday: My Own Little World

In case you didn't know, this is National Volunteer Week.  I chose Matthew West's "My Own Little World" as this week's Worship Wednesday because I think it will spur some volunteerism in your life.  We live in a selfish society.  So many people are too concerned about their own life, own problems, and own agendas that often times we forget to think of others.  As Christians, we should love and serve others just as Jesus taught us.  So listen to this song and stop and look at the big picture.  Then evaluate your own little world to see if you have any opportunities to give back.  It could be something as simple as helping your neighbor mow the lawn, or pick up a few extra groceries for that family in need.  Pray, and ask the Lord where He could use you this week.  I promise, he'll give you the opportunity.  

No comments: