This Matthew West song is very near and dear to my heart. Let me tell you why.
This will come as a surprise to most of you, but back in October (on the day we moved into our new house) I suffered a miscarriage. I was only 6 weeks pregnant, but the loss stung. Drew and I have been trying to have another baby for over two years now. You can imagine how excited we were. We told Andrew over dinner one night and he was ecstatic. He has been asking for a little sister for quite some time. So when we lost the baby, it really threw me for a loop. I was devastated, shocked, hurt, MAD...all kids of emotions. But I knew God had a plan. I had two trips to the ER, followed by a visit to my doctor, followed by 3 return trips for blood work to make sure all of my levels went back to normal. On the way home from one of those doctor visits, I heard this song for the first time:
When I am weak, HE is strong. With God's help we can get through anything. I believe that with all my heart. So whatever you're going through today, I pray that this song will encourage you to turn to the One in control of it all. As Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE shall direct your path."
My due date would have been June 14. So tomorrow is going to be a rough day. Pray for us tomorrow. You never know why these things happen. We just have to trust the sovereignty of the Lord. Probably the hardest part of the whole situation was explaining to Andrew that the baby inside Mommy's tummy died. He was very quiet about it, but you could tell he was sad. The night after it happened, I couldn't sleep. I was actually crying in the bed. Andrew came in our room around 2 am, climbed in beside me, and put his hand on my cheek. It's like he knew just what I needed. At that moment I thanked God for the beautiful child I DO have. He is such a sweetheart! Even through the heartache of losing a child, I am truly blessed.
2 comments:
I had thought about you a few months ago and was afraid to ask about it. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Sending love your way on Thursday. - Danielle
Alaina,
So very sorry for your loss, but thankful that the Lord is comforting you with the love of your two boys. Thinking of you especially today. *hugs*
Post a Comment