Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend in Mississippi

This weekend we drove over to Mississippi to introduce Aubrey to some of Drew's extended family, watch our nephew play basketball, and take in the Diamondhead Mardi Gras parade.  Aubrey and I stayed behind.  Since she had an eye infection earlier in the week, (I'll spare you that photo) I decided to keep her "in" as much as possible.  Not to mention lil girl and I didn't get much sleep the night before, so we took advantage of the quiet house and took a nap while the boys were gone.  Drew took my camera and got a few shots at the parade.   They had a really good spot.

Nana and Carly rode on a float and threw out some very special things for the boys.
catch!
Even Grammy got in on the action.
 They had a really good time and came home with lots of loot. 
 That afternoon Aubrey got to meet a few of her cousins and great Aunts and Uncles.  Claire loved holding her and Aubrey even gave her a few grins!
 Sweet baby.

 Carly liked trying to make Aubrey smile.  She and Andrew were big buddies this weekend!

 And I didn't get any pictures of Nana or Gina holding her.  (Sorry, Nana)  I don't know what I was doing when the adults had the baby.  Anyway, it was a busy weekend spent with family.  We had a good time and thanks again Nana and E.J. for letting us crash at your place this trip!

No comments: