Sunday, October 13, 2013

Aubrey's First Auburn Game

We went "Home, home on the Plains" for Auburn's Homecoming game.  We ended up getting a great deal on 5 tickets, so we invited Annah and Jefforey to go with us.  I'm glad the babies got to experience their first Auburn game together.  It's always great to go back to Auburn.  If you're an AU Alum you know exactly what I'm talking about.  This was Drew's first football game since 2003!  So it was a great day for all of us.  We got there early enough to walk around, do some shopping, have some Toomer's Lemonade, and eat Mike and Ed's before heading into the stadium.  

 Andrew was HOT! (we all were)
 As part of the homecoming festivities, they opened up the field after the game and let fans go out there.    Andrew was so excited.  I must admit, it was pretty special.  

 TOUCHDOOOOOOWN Auburn!


 I love how Trace and Aubrey are checking each other out.
 Me and my Sis with the babies.
 family photo
 Daddy's little Auburn fan
 After the big win, we headed to Toomer's Corner.  Andrew had to climb his favorite magnolia tree.
 So sad that the trees are gone, but the Auburn spirit (and the tradition of rolling) are alive and well.
 After the game I was craving some corn nuggets and mexi-cali dip so we had dinner at Niffers with my very pregnant  BFF, Stephanie.  Look how adorable she is.  I'm so happy for her I can't stand it!  She and her hubby have been trying to have a baby for years and had given up because the doctors told them it was all but impossible.  Well ladies and gents, she is living proof that we serve a Mighty God and He's still in the business of doing miracles!  Steph is scheduled for a C-section later this month!
On our way out of town we went back through campus and did a driving tour so Drew could see how much had changed since we left.  (a LOT)  But it's still the same old Auburn and it still feels like home!  It was a great day spent together with family and as always it's GREAT to be an Auburn Tiger!

No comments: