Friday, March 7, 2008

Sea World




Andrew and I just returned from a trip to San Diego/La. Drew had to go there for a swimming qualification exercise, so we decided to make a vacation out of it. We arrived in LA last Thursday and drove down to Sea World. (I LOVE SEA WORLD) It was so much fun. Andrew had a good time too. He got to touch a sting ray, have lunch with Shamu, and see lots of penguins. He loved the penguins so much that we had to buy him a stuffed one. He "loved" it in the gift shop and wouldn't let go. And of course we also had to buy him a stuffed shamu. Every kid needs a stuffed shamu right? However when he says shamu it sounds way too close to "mama"!


We also got to visit with some old friends that used to live in Hawaii, so that was nice. We had dinner at their house and played with the kids.


We had a long drive back to LA and after a long day we were all exhausted. The next day Drew was my hero and let me sleep in! It was like heaven! We went to lunch with a friend of Drew's and then hit the streets to see the sights. Little did we know it would take 2 hours to go 8 miles. So by the time we made it to Hollywood it was almost dark. We just drove through rather quickly. I would like to go back someday when I could take time to see everything.


That night Andrew got to meet Drew's cousins, Carlos and Shelly. We had dinner at Rainforest Cafe to celebrate my b'day. Andrew was the entertainment for the night. He was being such a ham! He really took up with Carlos too. It was a fun night.


Like I said it was a really nice "mini-vacation." On to Alabama...

No comments: