My Birthday truly started at mid-night. Andrew decided to wake up from what turned into a nap at 11:30 pm. He didn't go back to sleep until 5:45am. I guess he just wanted to ring in my birthday! When he finally went back to bed, it started snowing. Then my adrenaline kicked in. I was excited because for the first time in my life it snowed ON MY BIRTHDAY! What a great present. I took this picture at 6:15 am when it started snowing pretty hard. By this point I thought it would be best just to stay awake since I had to get up for church in a couple of hours. I could make it and then take a LONG nap later in the afternoon. WRONG! At 7:30, I crashed!

When I woke up at 11:30 am....the snow was already melting! So I missed it! I slept through the snow!
Since church was cancelled due to snow, we headed straight over to Granny and Grandaddy's for my traditional birthday lunch. Erin and Maggie joined us. Andrew and Maggie had the best time playing together. (even thought it looks like he's trying to swat the ball away from her)
Andrew paused for a moment to take a picture with Mommy.
Then it was time to blow out the candles. Andrew helped! I can't tell you how many times we re-lit that candle so he could blow it out! He never gets tired of that!
Andrew really enjoyed the cupcakes.
I had a pretty good birthday! I went to bed early that night seeing as how I didn't get much sleep the night before! The next day, a present came for me in the mail! My sweet husband had a sparkly surprise sent to me from Zales. (I love getting little black boxes!) Inside I found this beautiful Tanzanite necklace. Ooh La La!....I didn't know I had that many freckles!
Here's a picture (for Drew) of me wearing the gift! Love you honey!!
So, I'm 28! Personally it feels better than 27....but only because I have this thing about odd numbers. (That's my OCD kicking in) Only 2 more years until I'm officially old. :)
Here's a picture (for Drew) of me wearing the gift! Love you honey!!
So, I'm 28! Personally it feels better than 27....but only because I have this thing about odd numbers. (That's my OCD kicking in) Only 2 more years until I'm officially old. :)
2 comments:
You look beautiful!
And now I feel really old since I have 31 staring me in the face in a few weeks!
You look beautiful! And if you are officially old in two years then I am officially ancient?
*sigh*
Love ya! Happy Birthday, late!
Post a Comment