Then we went and checked in to the hotel to dry off. Uncle and Andrew were watching TV together and I just had to take a picture. I watched as Andrew climbed up on the couch, studied Uncle for a while, and then copied his position on the couch. Monkey see, monkey do!
This was his face when he realized he had been caught!
That night we went to the Varsity to eat with Memorie and her hubby Josh. I hadn't seen her since my wedding which meant that she had never even seen Andrew. It was great to get to catch up with them even for such a short amount of time. Andrew wasn't much of a chatter box. He fell asleep at the table before we even got our food! He woke up in the car on the way back to the hotel, just in time to sneak in a little swimming before bed. But on our drive home we drove past the ORIGINAL Dwarf House. Jefforey was so excited that I had to take his picture at the entrance.
History Lesson: Dwarf House was the name of what is now Chick-fil-a.

The next morning we went to the Georgia Aquarium. After a small parking fiasco that resulted in us walking 1.5 miles, we finally made it there to meet my friend Jonathan. He is one of my very dear friends from my freshman year at Auburn. He and I lived in the same dorm and he was one of the first people I met there. He now lives in Atlanta and he was kind enough to take the day off to hang at the aquarium with us!
Thanks to him I have some pictures of me and Andrew together. I'm always behind the camera and with Drew being gone I rarely get any pictures of the two of us.
History Lesson: Dwarf House was the name of what is now Chick-fil-a.
The next morning we went to the Georgia Aquarium. After a small parking fiasco that resulted in us walking 1.5 miles, we finally made it there to meet my friend Jonathan. He is one of my very dear friends from my freshman year at Auburn. He and I lived in the same dorm and he was one of the first people I met there. He now lives in Atlanta and he was kind enough to take the day off to hang at the aquarium with us!
Thanks to him I have some pictures of me and Andrew together. I'm always behind the camera and with Drew being gone I rarely get any pictures of the two of us. Andrew was amazed at all the fish!
Here we are watching the beluga whales. I could have sat there all day. They're so graceful!



Andrew (and Mommy) in the tunnel. We had to go through twice!
Gracie took this picture of Andrew in one of the viewing bubbles.
We got to the touch tank just in time for the 15 minute "animals at rest" period, so we waited....and waited. (I love Annah's face in this one)
Finally....my favorite part of the day! I LOVE stingrays.
Andrew thought they were slimy!
We finished our day at the children's play area. Andrew had the big tube all to himself.
After the aquarium, we walked over to the CNN center food court for a quick lunch before we said our goodbyes. (where Andrew fell asleep...AGAIN) JK, thanks for coming with us. We had a lot of fun.
Here we are watching the beluga whales. I could have sat there all day. They're so graceful!


Andrew (and Mommy) in the tunnel. We had to go through twice!
Gracie took this picture of Andrew in one of the viewing bubbles.
We got to the touch tank just in time for the 15 minute "animals at rest" period, so we waited....and waited. (I love Annah's face in this one)
Finally....my favorite part of the day! I LOVE stingrays.
Andrew thought they were slimy!
We finished our day at the children's play area. Andrew had the big tube all to himself.
After the aquarium, we walked over to the CNN center food court for a quick lunch before we said our goodbyes. (where Andrew fell asleep...AGAIN) JK, thanks for coming with us. We had a lot of fun.
1 comment:
Hey Alaina!
I'm enjoying your blog! I have one for our son too...jacobjameswright.blogspot.com. Check it out when you have a chance.
I'm glad ya'll had fun at the aquarium. We live about an hour away but haven't been yet!
Post a Comment