On Thursday, some of the wives decided to have a surprise lunch for Julie. Kristina told her it would just be her and Julie, but 3 others showed up to surprise her with a "shower" of sorts. She was totally surprised!
Julie doesn't have children of her own, so she's never had a baby shower, yet she faithfully attended ALL of ours! She once jokingly said "Man, I need a Julie shower." So we gave her one! We got her a Victoria's Secret gift card and a PetCo gift card for her cat, Odie!
Here are the girls responsible for the big surprise!
The other side of the table looked like this:
We enjoyed a nice lunch at the O'Club on base and for dessert we had cake! Now you know our friend Kim is the baker, and with her not being here we had to settle for grocery store cake! (GASP) And well, even though I WROTE THE MESSAGE OUT ON A PIECE OF PAPER so there would be no confusion...somehow my "Yay Julie" message turned into this:
Jay Julie?!?! Kim...we miss you on SO many levels!
Anyway, we had a lot of fun and it was a great send off for Julie. So Julie, I hope you guys had a great flight today and I hope you enjoy your time with family before heading to MD. We sure are going to miss you around here!
Aloha and a hui ho!






3 comments:
Wish I could have been there!
You need to submit that cake to Cake Wrecks! That's hilarious.
Thank you ladies for the wonderful surprise. What a great send off! And yes, there were many of you I wished could have been there.
Julie S.
Wish I could have been there... I'm with Lesley, submit to Cake Wrecks! What a laugh!!! Miss yoU!!!
Post a Comment