Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We started our Halloween with a trip to the pumpkin patch.  Yes, we have one in Hawaii.  It's only open to the public at certain times and due to our Vegas get away, we had to go today.  It was so hot!  It's really hard to get into the fall spirit when it's 90 degrees outside.   But I guess I'd rather be warm than freezing cold! 


Here's Andrew posing with the corn and mini pumpkins.  





I mentioned earlier that it was hot and well pumpkins don't like hot weather!  That along with the fact that this was the last day the pumpkin patch, resulted in this...


And this...

It was like the field of the misfit pumpkins!  Now we already bought a pumpkin at the store and we were prepared to only see the leftovers, so we weren't disappointed. We were just going for the experience of it all!  Here are the leftovers in the field.

I did like all the cute tiny green pumpkins and gourds laying around.

After browsing the patch, we got to go on the hay ride.  Andrew thought that was a lot of fun even though he was EXTREMELY tired and almost fell asleep!

Our attempt at a family photo

We made it home in time to relax for a couple of hours before all the trick or treating fun began.  We got all dolled up and headed out into the neighborhood.  

Even Chiquita got all dressed up.  (She hates me now!)  

Andrew ran all over the house saying, "Trick-or-treat, smell my feet.  Give me something good to eat."  But when it came time for the actual trick-or-treating, he'd just hold his bag open until someone would drop the candy in.  Then he'd say "thank you."  

He had a good time.  And he was excited about all the candy in his bag.  We walked up and down our street and then returned to our house to pass out candy.  

We ran out of candy around 8 and went inside.  Previously Andrew had figured out that all the candy we had in the house was the candy that we were giving out to all the kids.  When we ran out of candy we turned  off the lights and went inside.  After a couple of minutes the doorbell rang.  "Trick-or-treat," we heard.  While I was explaining that we were all out of candy, I heard Andrew in the other room make a mad dash for his candy bag and say, "Oh no!  They're going to get my candy!"  It was pretty funny.  He thought since we were out of the other stuff, that we would start handing out his!  


It was a fun Halloween and I hope you all had as much fun as we did....except for the whole sugar crazed kid part!  Man, this kid LOVES candy!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I love the family costume theme! Ya'll are too creative!!!

Anonymous said...

What cute costumes! That Andrew and his candy...too funny!

Julie S.

Erin said...

You do realize how much you LOVE CHOCOLATE and that Andrew takes after you in that respect!! :) LOL!

Erin