Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our Own Reunion

A couple of weeks ago some very dear friends of mine and their wives came to visit. Drew was gone so Andrew and I were looking for something to keep our minds off of that fact, so their visit came at the perfect time.

I met Steven when he moved to Albertville in the 10th grade.  Jonah moved to A'ville the following year.  Steven and I were in band together and Jonah and I knew each other from show choir.  We remained close friends all through college as well.  In fact, my parents made me live in Magnolia Studios because Steven and Jonah both lived there.  Mom just knew they'd look out for me.  So there I lived for 2 years...with Jonah on one side and Steven on the other.  Until this trip, the last time I had seen either of them was at our wedding in December of '04.

They arrived on a Friday, greeted by fresh flower leis at the airport.  I knew Jonah's wife, Skye, but it was my first time meeting Steven's wife, Danielle.  (Living in Hawaii you tend to miss out on fun occasions like weddings.)   We had such a great week.  We ran all over the island and did all the touristy things and had a blast just catching up.  Since I'm so behind in my blogging, I'll save you all the details and just post some pictures!
Jonah's hand-made sun dial.
*I took lots of cute pictures of the two couples this day, but I'm having technical difficulties with those*
L to R: Steven, Danielle, Jonah, Skye @ Waimea Valley
Steven and Danielle braved the cold water to swim under the falls.
Exploring the blow hole
Me and Andrew on "his" rock.
The blow hole
All natural sea salt.  Yum!
Andrew with the girls in the cave at Halona Cove Beach
Andrew presenting his "ticket" to Pearl Harbor.
Old Glory flying above the USS Arizona Memorial
They sell flags flown over the memorial in the gift shop.
I just like this pic!

What a great week we had!  If you'd like to see more pictures, check out Danielle's Blog for a more detailed synopsis of the week.  I can't tell you how great it was to see these guys.  It was like our own mini high school reunion (since Steven missed ours last summer!)  Steven and Jonah, thank you so much for coming to visit!  It had been way too long!  It made me remember just how much I love you guys and how glad I am to know you!  There's nothing like great friends!

No comments: