Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Waimea

I think we went to Waimea Bay more than any other place on this trip.  We went once to meet up with some other family that we had in town.  Drew's aunt and 3 cousins were here visiting some of their family.  Then we had to go back two other times so the boys (the big ones that is) could do this...
Here's Drew's action sequence. 

In all my 6 years of living here, I have NEVER jumped off the rock.  I'm a big chicken.  But somehow, Drew talked me into it.  I didn't jump off the very top.  Instead I jumped from that little grayish spot about 5 feet down from the top.  However, I jumped on the last day at Waimea and NO ONE had a camera.  Granted, it took me about 30 minutes to finally jump in, so anyone would have had time to drive to the nearest store and buy one. (Seriously, it took me that long.)  But I did it.  I can mark that off my list of things I never have to do again!
We did some snorkeling while at Waimea Bay. We swam with turtles, tons of fish, and the most interesting thing I've ever seen....baby squid!  It was amazing and they were so cute!

Meanwhile, on the beach...
The boys enjoy the sand!

No comments: