Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Andrew!

Today my sweet baby turned 4.  FOUR years old.  It's hard to believe.  It seems like only yesterday that he was this big...
 And now, he's this big...
 Good morning!  And Happy Birthday.  He insisted that he was much bigger this morning since it was his birthday.  
 I made Andrew special birthday pancakes this morning, but before we could eat them, Gracie called.
 He was excited that Gracie sang "Happy Birthday" to him.
 Ok, back to the birthday pancakes.  
 Make a wish..
 It was a pretty lazy day inside today since it was bitterly cold and ice was falling from the sky!   We played and did some Christmas baking.  Granna made him some shrimp for supper.  (it's his favorite) Then at the most perfect moment, Daddy called!  He got to join in the singing of "Happy Birthday."  
 He was on the phone for the blowing out of the candles (again). 
 And we put him on speaker while Andrew opened his presents.  (Andrew said he needed 2 hands for that).
 He was so excited to talk to his Daddy!  I'm glad he got to call.  (He's modeling his "birthday crown" that he and Granna made, here)
 Here's Andrew's barn all set up.  He loved it!  
 And you had to know that with the barn being so large, poor Chiquita would end up trapped inside!  No worries...I let her out.  
So, Happy Birthday to my big boy, Andrew.  I can't believe you're growing up so quickly.   He is such a blessing in our lives.  He has such a sweet heart and he is really funny.  The things he comes up with  never cease to amaze me.  He is a joy to be around and I can't wait to see what God does in his life in the coming years.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering about Chiquita lately! Happy Birthday Andrew and so glad that daddy got to call you!

Julie S.

PS. It just starting snowing!

Krista said...

Happy b-day Andrew! Abigail misses you!

~Kimberly said...

I love that little guy! What an extra special birthday treat that Daddy called! Love the pic of Chaquita in the barn! Hilarious! Pancakes looked delicious, and making me hungry! Hope he had a fabulous day! Miss you all!d

Lydia said...

Happy Birthday, Andrew! Sounds like he had a big day!