We woke up bright and early on Monday morning to head to the Magic Kingdom! The park opened at 9, but we told (and knew from experience) that you can get on Main Street an hour early. We had plans to stop at the bakery. We arrived at 7:55 am expecting to get on Main St. However, that was not the case. So we had to stand outside the gates and wait. Perfect opportunity for a photo op.
There were several other people that thought they could get in early too, so we had people to talk to. Andrew even made a new friend, Tyler.The good thing about being outside before the Grand Opening of the park, is that you get to see the "grand opening" of the park. (something Drew and I had never done). First some dancers come out and start singing.
Then, Casey Jr. from Dumbo starts playing and the train comes down the tracks filled with all the characters. This was probably the most magical moment of our whole vacation. (I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it) The look on Andrew's face when he saw that train pull into the station was priceless. Drew said, "That was worth the price of admission right there!" I have to agree. What a great start to our "magical" day!
Good morning characters!
There's nothing like the view of Cinderella's castle from Main Street. It's so exciting!We asked Andrew what he wanted to ride first. His answer: DUMBO!! So we headed to Fantasyland.
For those of you who have ever been to Disney with the Ladners, you know there is no time for potty breaks!
(only kidding-I just couldn't resist that picture) I saw what he was doing and made him give me a do over.
Next it was on to the tea cups.
I'm perfectly fine with NEVER riding them EVER again! (bleh)
And now the moment Andrew had been waiting for, for weeks: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Or as Andrew calls it: "The train with nobody driving it." This is our first trip that he's tall enough for all the really fun/fast rides. He doesn't look it in this picture, but he's really excited! He LOVED it~ In fact, we rode it so many times that I lost count. I even have a video of one of his rides, but it's currently uploading. Hopefully it'll be done soon.Andrew refused to have his picture made with me so you have to settle for a picture of me in front of ONE of his favorite rides.
On our way out we ran into Blackbeard's daughter, Angelica, from the new Pirates movie. Drew and I will be attending at midnight on the 20th!Then we attended the street party parade. This was a fun one. The characters got off their floats and danced with us in the street!
"Hi Donald"
We're silly and traded sunglasses.
After the parade we headed back to Main Street to visit the bakery. Drew wanted a cinnamon roll. It was just as delicious as it was HUGE!After we stuffed our bellies, we headed out to the street to listen to the Dapper Dans, a barber shop quartet.
Andrew was totally chillaxed while he listened. (He was also asleep 5 minutes after I took this picture)
While he slept, we did a little shopping. We also ran into a fire hydrant from you guessed it, Albertville! We are the fire hydrant capital of the world you know. (Somehow every time I say that I can't help but think of Suzanne Freshwater!) :)
Disney's raceway
It was SO HOT on Monday. When Andrew saw the squirt bottles with the fan that they sell, he said, "We need one of those and NOW!" We also enjoyed the "cool zone." Andrew and Drew riding Buzz Lightyear.
He LOVED the astro-orbiter.
Later in the day we went back to fantasyland, because yep, he wanted to ride Dumbo (again)... and the carousel. Dumbo for the 3rd time today.
That night Drew asked Andrew if there was anything he'd like to have from Disney World. He knew exactly what he wanted...a laser light sword. After the Electric Parade, it was time for Wishes, the nightly firework show.
This is one of my fav shots of the castle.
The park had extra magic hours for resort guests from 11-2am. We stayed as long as we could, riding rides until we just couldn't go anymore. After 16 hours in the Magic Kingdom, we called it a night! WHEW! Were we tired! We had to get some sleep for Day 2: Epcot.






























2 comments:
That looks like so much fun! Wish we could join you guys.
Looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment