Friday, May 13, 2011

Disney Day 5: Back to Magic Kingdom

On our last day, we didn't get up too early.  We took our time loading the car and having breakfast at the hotel before heading over to the Magic Kingdom for one last day of rides.  We had heard a that Snow White makes an appearance at 11am outside the guest services building, so that's where we started our day.  Drew was second in line to have his picture made with his favorite princess.
 From there, we rode the train over to Frontier Land for Andrew to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 3 more times!  Here we are in the train, ready to ride.
 Between rides on the railroad, we decided to hit up Splash Mountain.  Andrew didn't want to ride it on Monday and we didn't want to leave Disney without letting him ride my favorite ride.  He LOVED it and insisted that we ride again.  Here he is waiting in line for his second time around.
We didn't get too wet!
 After Splash Mountain we were hungry and on our way to lunch these bad boys were sent to the gallows!
 Twice!
 I love the castle!
 Andrew was getting really sleepy so we thought it would be a good time to head home, but not without one last ride on Dumbo.  It was good symmetry: first ride on Monday, last one on Friday.  Here we are in a 30 minute wait!
 While in line I saw a hottie in a white shirt.  I thought, "He looks a lot like Dave Annable from Brother's and Sisters."  I took a second glance and IT WAS DAVE ANNABLE FROM BROTHER'S AND SISTER'S!!!  I started discretely jumping up and down to get Drew's attention and motioned "take a picture."  He was like, "of who?"  He figured it out and started snapping away!
 I had no clue that he and Odette, his ex-girfriend nurse costar on the show, were married in real life!  They were celebrating her birthday.
 They climbed into the Dumbo right in front of us.

 We were on the next ride and I was planning a moment to talk to him when he was getting out of his Dumbo. 

 But alas, Andrew had to go to the bathroom.  Which meant we had to get out of line while Dave was riding, RUN to the potty, and try to make it back before he left.  BUT....alas, we did not.  He disappeared into the park and I didn't see him again.  But let me tell you, seeing him totally made my day! (A little Disney FYI:  If you ever see a cast member wearing a white hat, they're escorting someone famous!)  So fun seeing famous people!  I also learned today that Brother's and Sister's has been cancelled and will not be returning to ABC...BOO!  They didn't even give the show a proper farewell!
 Here we are on the last ride of the trip.  (they let us right back on so we didn't have to wait another 30 min)
We left the park and headed to the world of Disney store at Downtown Disney to do a little shopping before FINALLY heading back to MS.  We got home at 3 am!  It was totally worth it.  We had such a great week.  Andrew had a blast and we enjoyed everything about this trip! In fact, we've already booked our next trip for September!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

How fun! I know you guys had a good time. You guys are going to be stationed in MS....what a switch from Hawaii. We have a Spanish opening (hint hint)...wish you were close enough to take it.