Thursday, May 12, 2011

Disney Day 4: BLIZZARD BEACH!

Today we got to sleep in, since Andrew's surprise park opened at 10 am!  We woke him up and told him he was going to the water park, Blizzard Beach! (He LOVES the water park and has been asking when we were going back ever since we went back to Hawaii in March).  So you can imagine our surprise when he says, "I'm NOT going to the water park!"  ?!  Well, of course he went...and he LOVED it!  As a matter of fact, he loved it so much that I didn't take one single picture the whole day! :(    But you can check out the park here:
Disney's Blizzard Beach



I was so proud of him.  He was tall enough for everything except the 3 body slides and he rode everything except the racers.  I think his new favorite water rides are the tube slides. He also liked the big family raft ride.  I was so proud of our big boy.  He had such a great day and to celebrate our fun day, we all split an ice cream bucket.  Yep, I said BUCKET.  They took a sand pail and FILLED it with ice cream, oreo cookies, chocolate, caramel, and strawberry syrup.  It was topped with whipped cream and 3 cherries in the shape of a mickey head!  YUM-O!  We ate until we were stuffed and still had 1/3 of it left.  It was enough to feed a large family!


The water park closed at 5, so we went back to the hotel to shower and change clothes.  We went to the Boardwalk for dinner.  It was fun.  We ate at Cat Cora's restaurant, where I had the best Greek salad I've ever had!  We got to see some street performers AND catch a view of the fireworks from the other parks.  


I think this pretty much sums up our day:
It was another fun filled day!  Tomorrow is our last day in the park AND our travel day back to MS.  Guess where we go?  To the Magic Kingdom of Course!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Sounds like it was a fun day. I am jealous that you got to eat at Cat Coras. I have eaten at a restaurant where Bobby flay had a throw down...and one where Guy shot a diners Drive Ins and Dives.