Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ogle's Come to Pensacola

Being in Florida in the summertime means we get to see lots of our friends.  Last weekend my college friend, Kellye, came to town.  We had so much fun that I totally forgot to take any pictures.  This weekend the Ogle's came down and stayed at the fabulous Margaritaville Beach Hotel & Resort.  (What a nice place!  They gave the kids complementary sand bucked and shovel upon check-in and the snow cone lady walked around the pool handing out free snow cones.)  Erin is one of my oldest and dearest friends and we were looking forward to seeing them!  Andrew and I drove down to hang out with them on Friday.  He and Maggie enjoyed the pool!
 Maggie chillin' in her float.
 After playing in the pool for a couple of hours, we went down to the beach.  The waves were so high because of that tropical storm out there, that I forgot where I was.  It looked a lot like Hawaii!  So, there was no playing in the ocean...just the sand...which was fine with the kiddos.
 A little cheese while dumping sand.
After hanging out on the beach for a while, we went upstairs and got cleaned up for dinner.  We ate at Frank and Lola's in the hotel. (yum)  Drew drove over after work to join us.  
 Family photo of the Ogle's
 Maggie entertaining us with some in booth gymnastics. 
 Drew and I took the opportunity to get a pic of just the 2 of us.  (Plus, Andrew was busy talking to Maggie)
 Andrew and I indulged in the bunt cake with dulce de leche sauce.  It was fabulous.  Can't you tell by looking at Andrew's mouth?  I would have licked the plate had I not been in a restaurant!
 After dinner we browsed the Margaritaville gift shop.  Andrew and Maggie had their picture made in the "welcome to Fin Land" sign.  Aren't they cute?
I'm so glad we got to see our good friends while they were on vacation!  So remember friends, when you come to the coast, call us up.  We'd love to see you.  And hopefully very soon we'll have an actual house for you to stay in on your trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be for sure making a trip to see you there or seeing you at an Auburn football game in the next 3 years!

~Heather