Well, this week's appointments went pretty well. On Monday I was measuring small and so the doc ordered an ultrasound (usually I get those on Fridays). Her growth percentile had dropped from 43% to 27% in about 10 days, but she had gained a little weight. (Estimated 5 lbs 1 oz.) With preeclampsia that can mean that the placenta is starting to give out. The doctor said we'd check again on Friday and see how things look, but we may have to deliver at 36 weeks. But other than that, things were good. She looked good on the monitor, heart rate was good, my blood pressure was good. So that was good. :)
Today's ultrasound showed that she had gained 2 oz in the 3 days since my last one. The growth percentage was at 23% today, which the doctor didn't seem to concerned about. She said that was pretty consistent. (I found out that they won't induce unless it drops below 10%.) My blood pressure was good again today. Doc said I must be behaving on bed rest. :) The NST took a little longer today because she was sleeping and not super active, so I had to stay on the monitor a little longer than usual. But she passed her BPP on the ultrasound with a perfect score of 10 out of 10! She checked me today and I'm 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced! Woo Hoo! That was super encouraging because at 37 weeks with Andrew I wasn't dilated at all and you all know how that turned out. (59 1/2 hours of labor! I thought he'd NEVER come out!). My doctor said this go around should be MUCH different. I sure hope so!
We're still looking at a 37 week induction, so far. I'm crossing my fingers for a 15th delivery, since Andrew's birthday is December 15th. But it all depends on Aubrey and how she's doing at each appointment. So pray for growth for baby and a healthy delivery for Mommy.
The best part about all of these appointments: an ultrasound twice a week! My tech is so great too. She always switches over to 4D and lets me sneak a peek at the princess. And she STILL has her hands in her face! She loves those hands! Note to self: I should post some pictures.
**In other news, Drew is recovering well from his back surgery on Wednesday. He was a little stiff yesterday, but is getting around a little easier today. He even started to feel a change in his calf muscle today and can even hold some weight on it! Praise the Lord! I hope this means that over time, he'll regain full use of his calf! Thank you to all those who have been praying for healing. The Lord is good! We would appreciate your continued prayers.
So yeah, we're pretty much a hot mess at our house right now. LOL Drew is laid up, I'm laid up....good thing we have awesome families that come to help out. Drew's Mom was here for a couple of days and my Mom is here and the squadron has been providing meals this week, so we're well taken care of!
I'll give another update after the appointment on Monday.
1 comment:
praying for you and the little one. I would love to see the 4D. They fascinate me. They were not around when I had Kat.
Post a Comment