Here's a little project that I forgot to blog about: our treehouse! Drew has been wanting to build one for Andrew in our awesome tree for quite some time. He and his brother started it when they were here on the 23rd. They got the supports finished.
Then on the day after Christmas, Dad helped Drew with the floor, framing, and the walls. They got a lot accomplished in a day!Once the floor and the walls were up, we let Andrew go outside and take a look at it. He was amazed! He LOVES it!
The next day, Drew finished up the siding on the walls, put the roof on, and built the railings for the porch. (You can see the rails stacked up in the second picture (above). I just realized when I sat down to do this post that I don't have a recent picture of it. My bad. And that's all we've done so far. Then Drew had his surgery, so the final touches will have to come later.
Still to do: cut out windows, attach a tube slide off of the left side, attach swings to the underside of the porch, build zip line, and stain it. So, lots to be done, but at least for now, it's functional. The neighborhood kids think it's a big hit too. Andrew likes to get up there and shoot his toy bow and arrow across the yard. Fun times. I'll be sure to do a final/finished product post when we're 100% done, but don't hold your breath....we're busy having a baby next week! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment