Monday, January 26, 2009

Andrew gets a COKE!!

As most of you know, we've been trying the potty training thing again. Andrew has been doing so well. He wears pull-ups during the day and on some days it will stay dry all day long. Most of the time he'll start to go in his diaper and then realize what he's doing, stop, and then go potty. He can even go potty by himself. Sometimes he even prefers it that way. As well as he was doing with #1 in the potty, we could NOT get him to go #2 in the potty. So, in order to encourage that I told him that if he would go poo-poo in the potty, Mommy would get Andrew a coke. He doesn't get coke at our house. But now, his Granna has been known to sneak him one from time to time, so he knows what they are and he LIKES them!

Every time he goes potty I'll ask if he needs to go #2 and he says no. After he goes #1 he'll say "Mama I get a coke." I have to explain that he has to go #2 for a coke. Then he proceeds to strain and grunt with all his might. Then he stands up and says "See Mama, I go poo-poo." But of course, there's nothing there...but he sure tries!

This morning after breakfast, Andrew said his tummy hurt. I asked if he needed to go poo-poo. He said "No, I go tee-tee." So we went...and he went, but no #2's. About 3 minutes later he asked to go potty again. This time...we hit the JACKPOT!!! I threw a party in the bathroom and we went to get our coke! I put it in a sippy cup for him, but it kept fizzing out the top.
So I put it in his shamu cup with a straw.
After a couple of sips, he says "I no want Coke, I want milk!" So, after three weeks of practically begging for a coke, he decided he'd rather go for the healthy choice...milk! :) I'm so proud! Let's home this is the start of something beautiful. I look forward to life after diapers!

1 comment:

Erin said...

YEAH!! ANDREW!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
LOVE YOU
ERIN AND MAGGIE xoxoxo