Monday, January 26, 2009

FROM DREW: It's like I never left!

Hey everyone,

We made it safe and sound to lovely Al Asad, Iraq. The trip this time around wasn’t too bad. We only made two stops this time instead of the four that we made last time. We stopped in Bangor, Maine where we were greeted by Vets from WWII, Vietnam, and Korea. It was really cool. Much better than stopping in San Francisco or New York like last time where no one cared. We then made a stop in Liepzig, Germany just like last time. From there we made it to Kuwait where we spent about a day before getting a flight up here to Al Asad. We’re working and living in different areas than last time but it’s a pretty good setup overall. I’ll start flying in a few days on the night schedule. It’ll be good to get things rolling. The areas where we’re flying are a lot safer than two years ago, so much so that we flying farther east making stops into Baghdad. The parts of the city that are secure of course. I haven’t been to Baghdad before so it’ll be cool to see something different.

Email back when you get a chance and include email addresses of folks who you think would be interested in receiving emails from me.

Hope everyone is doing well back home. Hopefully this trip will go quick and I’ll be back home before you know it.

~Drew

No comments: