Monday, February 16, 2009

Guest Room Accents

Seeing as how we do live in Hawaii, I'm trying to put together a nice "beachy" guest room.   We found the perfect wall color, found some sheets to match, and bought a white comforter to keep the room clean and crisp.  But it was all too sterile for me.  Several weeks ago I found a shell pillow at our Navy Exchange.  I bought it.  I liked it!  It added a little something to the room.  Well Andrew and I were shopping the other day (at the Navy Exchange) and they had the whole bedding set an "additional 50% off."  So I just had to buy the quilt, 2 shams, and the dust ruffle.  I got all of that for $30 cheaper than the original price of the quilt!  When I got home, I put everything on the bed, with the exception of the dust ruffle.  I didn't feel like stripping the bed and lifting the mattress to put it on.  I really like it.  It makes the room feel more "comfortable."  Now, if I could just get some furniture I might get some where!  I have lots of sea glass that I've collected over time.  It was my inspiration.  I have the perfect lamp in mind and a few wall prints to buy.  I can't wait to put it all together.  But here's what we've got so far...

No comments: