
Bedtime has gotten a lot better at our house. (FINALLY) Andrew now goes to bed all by himself and doesn't wake up in the middle of the night. Andrew was a rocker and so I'd rock him every night, but now that he's a big boy, he goes to bed in his room.
After bath time we climb up in his bed and read a few books, say our night night prayers, and I kiss him good night and leave! I have a new found freedom at bedtime!
However, sometimes he doesn't want to go to sleep as quickly as he should. He already knows all the tricks to delaying bedtime. He asks for milk, he asks to go potty (3 times within 2 minutes), asks for me to hand him his lovey that he just threw on the floor. But the other night I heard a new one. After I had taken him to potty for the second time and tucked him BACK in, he says, "Mama, I need chap stick!" So I had to go to my room, get the chap stick, and watch as Andrew applied it to himself as well as Henry, Puppy, and Crocodile. He's so funny! That satisfied him and he went to sleep.
Last night before saying our prayers I asked him what he was thankful for. He places an index finger over his mouth and says "Hmmmm.....CANDY!" Out of the mouth of babes!
5 comments:
They all look so innocent while asleep! Oh how quickly we forget!!! Cute Cute Cute!!!!
Love this picture. I have a lot of pictures of Haley sleeping as she grew. The most recent just in the past few months (they're always your baby) I keep saying I'm going to make a small photo album of them all but haven't yet. You've motivated me to get it started. I still have a few years to get some more before she's gone :(
They're angels when they're sleeping...
Hey, if you're still interested in the alphabet game, I'll give you the letter "F"! Let me know when your post up and thanks for playing!
This blog is so sweet. They are precious when they are asleep. I watched Maggie sleep for a long time last night. They are so precious. They do sleepy sighs in their sleep that is so cute.
Ok Lisa..my list is up :)
Post a Comment