Friday, October 9, 2009

Sandbar Friday!



Friday the guys had the day off so we rented a pontoon boat and hit the sandbar with the Turners.  I LOVE being on the water and I LOVE going to the sandbar.  The last time I went, I had just found out that I was pregnant.  (So it was a long time ago)  We had the early morning slot (8-12) and the weather was PERFECT!  I was a little worried that Andrew wouldn't want to wear a life jacket, but no worries...he thought it was cool and I thought he looked adorable!





Like I said, the weather was perfect and the water was as slick as glass!  I don't think I have ever seen it so smooth.




Andrew, Trevor, McKenzie, and her friend, Tiani on turtle watch.



We saw lots of coral, sometimes floating very closely by it.  



As we drifted by that patch and the water got deeper, I noticed a big rock among some coral.  Oh wait...it's not a rock....it's a HUGE turtle!



We stopped the boat to check him out and after a few seconds, he started floating to the surface!




I still can't get over how smooth the water was!  


Andrew thought he was pretty cool!


Eventually the turtle went on his way and so did we.  We made it to the sandbar, parked the boat, and played in the water for the rest of the day.  Here's Nick with Trevor and Addi.


Drew and Andrew (The water isn't deep.  Andrew is standing and Drew is on his belly)


View of the Ko'olau Mountains and a tiny Chinaman's Hat


Drew snapped one pic of me and Andrew on our boat ride back to the dock.



We had an awesome day!  The weather was perfect, the kids had a blast, and it was great getting to spend some time with our friends.  Check out KIM'S BLOG for more pictures!

1 comment:

Nolen Family said...

How BEAUTIFUL! I love the water as well but we have to settle for Smith Lake around here! :) I am impressed that Andrew liked the life jacket. I always hated wearing one as a kid. He did look cute!