So I mentioned yesterday that we stayed at the IP...well NO MORE! Thanks to Drew's high school friend, we're "movin' on up." He works at the Wynn and was able to get us an employee rate for Saturday and Sunday night! He picked us up at the IP around noon and drove us to the Wynn. We told him we'd just walk, but he'd have none of it. Besides, he told us he had a surprise for us. When we arrived at the Wynn, he pulled into the Tower Suites entrance. Surprise! He got us upgraded to the tower suites! (by the way...at this point I'm wearing a cotton shirt and brown shorts with flip flops!...totally under-dressed!)
Anyway, we got checked in and he escorted us to our room. It looks a little different than the one at the IP don't you think?

Again we had floor to ceiling windows with a view of the strip.

Our room faced Las Vegas Blvd. The Palazzo blocked most of our view, but in this shot you can see Treasure Island and part of the Mirage.

Our room was fabulous! I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel so nice in my life! My favorite part, by far, was the bathroom! Take note: There's a 19 in. tv on the right wall!
There was a phone in the toilet room.
The shower was great, but the best part was the tub. It was the perfect length for a tall girl. It was nice and relaxing with my lemongrass citrus bath tea. I had the water so hot that I think I boiled my skin! Oh well...it was worth it!
I was so spoiled by this room! It came with all kinds of "perks." We had push button curtain controls by the bed, so at the touch of a button...DARKNESS! It was great. We had a lush robe and slippers to enjoy during our stay.
The TV even welcomed us to our room! It says "Welcome Mr. Ladner!"
We knew that because we had to turn on the TV as soon as we got to our room. We may have been in Vegas, but it was still gameday!
Shortly after arriving in our new room, we had a couple of surprises. One we knew about: Drew's best friend from Auburn flew into town to do some training for the Air Force at Nellis (which is in Vegas) so he came to hang out with us for the day. Then we had another knock at the door. It was room service. They brought up a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. It was a surprise from Chris! How nice!
Since I don't drink, I let Drew and Andy toast to our wonderful weekend!
I took care of the strawberries! Look how glamorous they are!
I also took care of the bowl, which was made of chocolate! (I'm in heaven!)
While we're on the subject of food: Our room had a nice array of snacks; available for purchase. We've all seen things like this in hotel rooms right?
Well take a closer look at the attached note...
That's right...don't look for longer than 60 seconds or you'll be charged. The snacks were sitting on pressure plates, so they knew if you picked them up for longer than 60 seconds! Needless to say I didn't partake in the $8 jelly beans!
The rest of the day was pretty lazy. Drew and Andy went downstairs to watch the game while I stayed in the room. Yep, we watched football all day long! I started getting dressed for dinner, but had to take a few "night time views" pictures.

Our nighttime plans were a little complicated. My friend Jonathan was celebrating his 30th birthday, so I went to dinner with them. Drew's friend Chris managed to get us free tickets to the show La Reve, so he and Andy went to that. We met up after dinner. Anyhoo, here's a picture of the birthday boy with his sweetie! Aren't they cute? Jonathan and I lived in the same dorm my freshman year at Auburn. We've been great friends ever since! Happy Birthday my friend!
After dinner, I literally RAN back to the Wynn to change clothes. My friend Tina made me buy this dress when I was in Albertville last spring. It was on sale for $19.99 so I caved. I told her I had no business buying this dress and she told me that it would be perfect for Vegas. So here ya go Tina...I wore the dress! (AND the shoes...even though I couldn't walk the next day, and I'm even falling over in this picture!)
Chris and Roxy got us in to XS, the hottest night club in Las Vegas, for FREE! We walked downstairs and saw the super LONG line to get in the club. *I hate lines* Oh wait...we didn't have to stand in it! We got VIP treatment! We stood in the small VIP line and walked right on in, not having to pay the $30 cover. (If we had to pay, I can assure you we would NOT have gone) This place was gorgeous! There was a huge indoor dance area that opened to the European pool, which was surrounded by private cabanas. It was gorgeous.
I was on the lookout for famous people all night, but I didn't see anyone...except for NFL wide receiver Brandon Marshall. (but I didn't know it was him until we read about him being there the next day in the paper.) Here's a shot of Mark, Roxy, Chris, and myself dancing the night away.
Never again will I go dancing in stilettos! I didn't last very long because I lost feeling in my toes and walked back to our room barefooted! Not to mention I had trouble walking the next day! Man, I'm getting too old for this!
So after a very long, but very exciting day. We hit the hay! We have another busy day tomorrow. BUT...aren't we supposed to be on vacation?? :)



















2 comments:
Unbelievable Room!! That is awesome!! You look great in your dress....I can only imagine how bad your feet hurt in those shoes too!
So glad you had a great time and got to go clubbing!!!
Erin
Wow, what a room and trip!
Julie S.
Post a Comment