Drew and I went to Waikiki to watch the game with fellow Auburn Alumni. A 2001 graduate contacted us before the season started about getting a group together in Hawaii. (AUsome) This is the first time Drew and I were able to go. We met the group at Giovanni Pastrami's. If you've never been, it's on Lewers and they have GREAT pizza (and breakfast from what I hear, but I've never tried it)
Several members of the group came up to introduce themselves and one guy started talking about how he was getting ready to move back to Huntsville. Of course I have to chime in "oh, I'm from Albertville." He said, "What?! I grew up in Albertville and my parents still live there." I'm telling you it's a small small world. His name is Ronald Burgess (pictured below) and his mother was my Dad's 7th grade math teacher! How crazy is that? It gets better....He was also an Air Force ROTC instructor at Auburn Drew's freshman year! (of course Drew didn't know him since he was with the Marines, but still...) After we got over the shock of both being from Albertville, I met Jane....who is from GRANT?! What are the odds: 3 Auburn Grads from Marshall County Alabama living in Hawaii!

No comments:
Post a Comment