Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Granna!

Today was my Mother's birthday!  In honor of her special day, I made her a cake.  She requested brown and blue, so I made her a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream with blue buttercream scrollwork.  Here's how it turned out:

Here's my beautiful Mom with her cake!
We took Mom to Top Of The River for dinner.  Yep, we made them sing to her. 
 No free restaurant dessert for us...we had a cake waiting for us at home!
 Andrew was ready and willing to help with the "candle."
Happy Birthday to the world's greatest Mom!  (I'm sure a lot of you might be thinking that YOU have the best Mom in the whole world, but I hate to break it to ya...mine's got 'em all beat!)  I truly am blessed to have a Mom like mine, who taught me how to love and be loved.  She's a pretty great Granna too!

1 comment:

~Kimberly said...

The cake looks fabulous, and so does your mother! And since I can't argue about your mom being so great... how about we call a tie... your mom and my mom = Best Moms Ever!